Images not loading on website speed test tool

Steve Lee

Oct 24, 2023, 5:18:45 AM10/24/23
to web-vitals-feedback
In my shopify website I have installed an app rapidler for speed issue, but now in website speed test images and screenshot is not loading . So what will be the reason for this?

Is it harmful for seo?

Thanks and Regards

Steve Lee

Jordy S

Oct 24, 2023, 5:24:08 AM10/24/23
to Steve Lee, web-vitals-feedback
Would love to help about what is happening on the technical side, do you have more information?

Barry Pollard

Oct 24, 2023, 5:29:50 AM10/24/23
to Jordy S, Steve Lee, web-vitals-feedback
I'm not familiar with Rapidler but I have heard of some extensions which delay loading things until the user interacts in their most extreme settings. This could be the images or JavaScript that is needed to load images. This can look great on Lighthouse scores but absolutely runs the user experience. If your website depends on certain images or JavaScript loading then these need to be configured in the extension to still allow this to happen.

I can only assume Rapidler is doing something similar here, but you really would need to speak to Rapidler support for this.

For SEO questions you'd need to contact the SEO support forums but, as I say, regardless it sounds terrible for user experience.

Thanks,
Barry