Bulk core web vital audits

Vignesh M

May 11, 2023, 9:23:21 AM5/11/23
to web-vitals-feedback
Hi team,

We have a small site and we are trying to do some bulk analysis of core web vitals post and pre deployment, do we have any way to get this done. Instead of manually checking it for every URLs?
or any Exact APIs for us to use to create a local tool to accomplish this?

Thanks,
Vignesh.

Barry Pollard

May 12, 2023, 11:49:45 AM5/12/23
to web-vitals-feedback
Hi Vignesh,

The Core Web Vitals are measured over 28-days using the Chrome User Experience Report (CrUX). As such, it can take some time to see the actual change post-deployment, and it's not possible to see these predepolyment.

However, there are various lab-based tools which attempt to measure some of the Core Web Vitals, including Lighthouse (and Lighthouse CI its Continuous Integration version).

For bulk checks, the CrUX API is a free and quick way of checking current Core Web Vitals measurements of individual URLs, and Google Search Console will flag any issues in Core Web Vitals, but both are subject to the changes being released on production and the 28-day lag mentioned above.

There are also many non-Google related tools, including bulk tools such as unlighthouse, and RUM solutions that will monitor your production environment without that 28-day constraint.