Exploring possible reason for visitors drop post CLS June Update

Alekh Srivastava

Jun 8, 2021, 9:26:09 AM6/8/21
to web-vitals-feedback
Hi Team,

I have recently started blogging in March and the website was doing decent. However, post update the traffic  has dropped sharply, though the update suggests otherwise. What could be the possible reason and how could I rectify at my end?

Regards,
Alekh.

Rick Viscomi

Jun 8, 2021, 12:07:57 PM6/8/21
to web-vitals-feedback
Hi Alekh,

There shouldn't be any effect of the CWV metrics changes on site traffic. My guess is that any traffic changes are coincidental and there's no action needed on your part.

Rick

Shalom Zafrany

Jun 9, 2021, 7:58:59 AM6/9/21
to web-vitals-feedback
Hey Alekh,
Note that there was a Google Search algorithm update on June 3rd, with another one coming in July.
That could explain the traffic drops you're seeing.

You can find more information here: