Our core web vitals has a group of 290 webp images indexed , Why are the considered ?

tech wsm

Apr 22, 2024, 1:57:25 AMApr 22
to web-vitals-feedback
Hi Members,

Our core web vitals have group of webp images considered as core vitals . Earlier we had almost 500+  images considered into Core Web Vital , we started removing them  using  404 status to google crawler by which the webp indexed images slowly started reducing .
Our first question is how did they suddenly  came into the web vitals ? Due to this sudden appearance the whole group status changed from Good URLs to  Need Improvement.

And from last 15 days even though we give the request for those webp images from google crawler a 404 Status they are not reducing . We are trying to figure out a ways out of it so that our group url status goes in the Good URLs section.

Can any body help on this ? Or can some one guide us to contact the right google team to get this sorted out .webp-core-web-vitals-2.png

Barry Pollard

Apr 22, 2024, 2:06:49 AMApr 22
to tech wsm, web-vitals-feedback
Our first question is how did they suddenly  came into the web vitals ? Due to this sudden appearance the whole group status changed from Good URLs to  Need Improvement.

This forum is unable to answer questions on Search, Search Console or indexing and suggest you use the support form there for that:

From a Core Web Vitals perspective we measure CWVs on all navigation which can include images if sufficient numbers of people visit those as a page (ie.. by clicking on them if they are links that open then image as a "page").

And from last 15 days even though we give the request for those webp images from google crawler a 404 Status they are not reducing . We are trying to figure out a ways out of it so that our group url status goes in the Good URLs section.

I'm not sure that 404-ing these images is a good idea. Would that not cause the images to not show on pages that use them?

Can any body help on this ? Or can some one guide us to contact the right google team to get this sorted out .

Try the Google Search forum as mentioned above.

te...@wallstreetmojo.com

Apr 22, 2024, 2:52:05 AMApr 22
to Barry Pollard, web-vitals-feedback
Hi Barry,

Thank you for responding.

Just wanted to let you know that we have not yet mapped any webp images
on the post , we might be hardly having few . We are planing to adopt
the new-format of images as per recommendation but the one that got
indexed  were not linked anywhere on the posts. They were a result of
plugin EWWW used for image optimization by previous site admin which
were left as it is that got indexed. 404-status is only for google
crawlers so as to remove them from the indexing.

Regards

Tech

--
best regards