Google Flagship Websites Fail Core Web Vitals?

Ronnie Royston

Feb 28, 2024, 1:22:43 PMFeb 28
to web-vitals-feedback

Google offers a tool to measure web page performance called Page Speed Insights. Google's web pages all fail ( w exception of gmail ).

Core Web Vitals are a common set of performance signals critical to all web experiences. -Core Web Vitals Documentation

 Is this actually an issue, or should Core Web Vitals failures continue to be ignored?

https://firebase.google.com F
https://fonts.google.com F
https://m3.material.io F
https://gemini.google.com/app F
https://cloud.google.com F

Ronnie Royston

Feb 29, 2024, 10:52:08 PMFeb 29
to web-vitals-feedback
update: https://ai.google.dev/ fails too.

Rick Viscomi

Mar 7, 2024, 2:36:27 AMMar 7
to Ronnie Royston, web-vitals-feedback
Hey Ronnie,

Yes these are real perf issues. While we'd love to be able to say that Google's websites all have good INP, the fact that we're not quite there yet is definitely something we're aware of and working on.

Am I understanding your feedback correctly that you feel like this is discouraging you from focusing on INP issues affecting the sites you work on?

Rick

Ronnie Royston

Mar 7, 2024, 2:49:43 PMMar 7
to Rick Viscomi, web-vitals-feedback
I am feeling a tad bit misled bcs vital failure means broke. I would imagine that it takes an act of congress to get a web page modified at Google so practical approaches for here and now include:

rename Web Vitals to Web Speed -or-
adjust the definition of Failed soas to make Google sites Passed?

We highly recommend site owners achieve good Core Web Vitals for success with Search and to ensure a great user experience generally. -https://developers.google.com/search/blog/2023/05/introducing-inp#what-this-means-for-site-owners
Message has been deleted