Crux tool update

Alex Loaiza

Mar 5, 2023, 6:46:34 PM3/5/23
to web-vitals-feedback

Hello everyone! It has been a pleasure to stay connected with each of you, and I am thrilled to announce that the CrUX Tool has been enhanced with some amazing new features such as network type and historical data from the Crux API. Your ongoing encouragement is highly appreciated - it means a lot to me! I put in lots of effort into creating an organized layout which allows users to view their data easily.

The network connectivity is automatically fetched, but it is only visible to the main card and not to the historical data at this time.
Screenshot_20230305_144741.png

For the historical data, the tablet data is not being fetched by design in order to reduce API requests from the CrUX Tool. In the future, users will be able to add their own API key if they choose to, but I am prioritizing making sure that everyone has access to this data regardless of technical ability.

For the Desk of Cards, this data is updated on a weekly basis for up to 6 months of history. The information is presented in 25 data cards spaced out over the course of a week for easy viewing.
Screenshot_20230305_144434.png

The historical charts are organized by metric name and arranged from oldest to most recent, with Week 0 representing the earliest data and Week 24 being the latest. This is similar to the cards but presented in a chart format.
Screenshot_20230305_144323.png

I hope this tool proves to be useful for everyone. I would like to express my appreciation to all the engineers who developed and implemented the CrUX API, as it has enabled us to access valuable data.

Barry Pollard

Mar 6, 2023, 10:26:12 AM3/6/23
to Alex Loaiza, web-vitals-feedback, Chrome UX Report (Discussions)
CC: CrUX discussions

Looks great. Love to see more tools making use of the CrUX dataset - especially the new CrUX History API.