Target blank increased INP

Shahjehan Ali

Aug 17, 2023, 8:46:09 AM8/17/23
to web-vitals-feedback
Target blank elements increase the INP score, How can I get rid from this?
https://www.convinceandconvert.com/digital-marketing/killing-it-with-digital-marketing-campaigns/

Barry Pollard

Aug 17, 2023, 9:03:05 AM8/17/23
to Shahjehan Ali, web-vitals-feedback
This was an issue for this that was fixed in Chrome 111 (https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1312568).
We're still seeing some older browsers (e.g. Samsung Internet) affected by this but it's a small proportion now and should just get smaller.

Note that this just affect RUM measurements of INP. CrUX measurements (as powers Google Search Console and PageSpeed Insights amongst other tools) was unaffected by this issue.

On Thu, 17 Aug 2023 at 13:46, Shahjehan Ali <shahjehan...@gmail.com> wrote:
Target blank elements increase the INP score, How can I get rid from this?
https://www.convinceandconvert.com/digital-marketing/killing-it-with-digital-marketing-campaigns/

Shahjehan Ali

Aug 18, 2023, 3:57:05 AM8/18/23
to web-vitals-feedback
Is there a way to get element which cause to increase the INP rate?