Enhancing PerformanceObserver

Anat Dagan

Nov 22, 2022, 7:25:13 AM11/22/22
to web-vitals-feedback
Hi,
We are a 3rd party, and we are trying to get more observability into our long tasks, and heard that in the near future PerformanceObserver will include the function/script responsible for the long task, making it easier for us the find the long tasks that are under our responsibility.

Is such feature planned?
If so, when can we expect it?
Is there a place where I can see which features are planned to be added to PerformanceObserver?

Thanks,
Anat

Yoav Weiss

Nov 22, 2022, 7:36:38 AM11/22/22
to Anat Dagan, web-vitals-feedback
Hey Anat,

There's an open spec issue for that. I'm glad to hear this would be useful from your perspective.
There's also a planned project for this. We're currently in the process of figuring out how and when we can make it happen, as the need for this is clear.

This issue is probably the best place to keep tabs on progress in Chromium.

Cheers :)
Yoav

Anat Dagan

Nov 22, 2022, 8:25:42 AM11/22/22