Squid 4.14 installer

Patrick Sweitzer

Aug 10, 2021, 5:15:47 PM8/10/21
to Diladele Web Safety
There seems to be a problem with the 4.14 MSI on your website.
I can install it, the diadele squid launcher service appears to start up, but the squid executable core dumps immediately.

If I stop the service and run the executable manually I get this :

C:\Squid\bin>squid.exe
      0 [main] squid 461 cygwin_exception::open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to squid.exe.stackdump

I uninstalled version 4.14 re-installed 3.5.28 and it functions normally.

Please help!  I have many systems that rely on the squid installation and due to security concerns I cannot go back to version 3.5.28.

Thanks for your assistance!

Rafael Akchurin

Aug 10, 2021, 10:44:55 PM8/10/21
to web-s...@googlegroups.com

Hello Patrick,

This seems to be the issue at https://github.com/diladele/squid-windows/issues/95

Might be related to what older native CPU on your servers :/ not clear. Here in the test lab we have no problems running the MSI.

Unfortunately I cannot say when the bug is researched/fixed – we cannot do it ourselves because of large involvement into other projects, and Squid team might also be busy.

Best regards,

Rafael