Parent proxy

Nick Kichukov

May 25, 2023, 4:36:16 AM5/25/23
to Diladele Web Safety
I have set up a parent proxy which is outside of my LAN via :

cache_peer 10.1.2.3 parent 3128 0 no-query default
never_direct allow all

It works in general but I loose access to my web UI, I guess because the request to the IP of the websafety box is also proxied to the parent proxy. Is there any way I can fix this ... given the Web UI is not loading at the moment.

Rafael Akchurin

May 25, 2023, 4:41:02 AM5/25/23
to web-s...@googlegroups.com
One possibility we use all the time is to specify the IP/FQDN in the “proxy bypass” setting in the browser.

Best regards,
Rafael Akchurin

On 25 May 2023, at 10:36, Nick Kichukov <ni...@playon.tv> wrote:

I have set up a parent proxy which is outside of my LAN via :

cache_peer 10.1.2.3 parent 3128 0 no-query default
never_direct allow all

It works in general but I loose access to my web UI, I guess because the request to the IP of the websafety box is also proxied to the parent proxy. Is there any way I can fix this ... given the Web UI is not loading at the moment.

rafael....@diladele.com

May 26, 2023, 10:18:18 AM5/26/23
to Diladele Web Safety
When setting up the transparent box  it is recommended to run Admin UI on another port - see https://docs.diladele.com/tutorials/transparent_proxy_debian/websafety.html#switch-port-of-admin-ui