Help with newbie question

Dedy Wahyudi

Nov 10, 2021, 1:02:14 AM11/10/21
to Diladele Web Safety
Hi,
I'm new with this DNSSafety system.
Currenty I just deploy DNSSafety 0.16
Is there anyway to see realtime access on Traffic Monitor?
I have a user that already been filtered with DNSSafety, but I can't find his IP address on the traffic monitoring since it only showed me 1000 records which is i think its not based on timestamp.
Please kindly help.

Regards,
Dedy

rafael....@diladele.com

Nov 10, 2021, 5:08:08 AM11/10/21
to Diladele Web Safety
Hello Dedy,

It should take the last  1000 records - if your user IP is not present then:
- you have a lot of requests from a lot of ips - so the last 1000 are processed very quickly
- the IP you are looking for does not use that DNS server (remember DNS is a cached protocol - so it might be that the record was already resolved and is stored in the cache of that machine).

Best regards,
Rafael

Dedy Wahyudi

Nov 10, 2021, 9:45:32 PM11/10/21
to Diladele Web Safety
Hi Rafael, thank you for your quick reply.
I managed to fix it. seems like I've misconfigured something that DNSSafety is logging its own machine IP so it flooding the log.
Another question, is it possible to exclude some domain from access.log ?
I have a couple of machine that continously connecting to a site, so it flooding the log with that site only.
Thank you

Regards,
Dedy