Category Blocking and youtube filter

Manny Ratliff

Oct 11, 2021, 3:51:20 PM10/11/21
to Diladele Web Safety
Hi, just recently got my Proxy up and going and the environment that I am configuring is restrictive, but needs a handful of youtube urls to be visible.

I started with a brand new blank policy and got the youtube specific filtering to work. As soon as I block the "video sharing" category, it of course blocks youtube, and then when I try to exclude youtube, it also ignores all the youtube custom filtering too.

Is there a way to set the custom youtube filtering as an exclusion? I really don't want to try and figure out all the video sharing sites I need to block individually.

Manny Ratliff

Oct 11, 2021, 4:17:50 PM10/11/21
to Diladele Web Safety
Found one solution.... Recategorized youtube to a category that was being allowed.

rafael....@diladele.com

Oct 11, 2021, 4:40:20 PM10/11/21
to Diladele Web Safety
That is indeed creative thinking. Nice that it works that way.
Best regards,
rafael