Block apps

Enrique Fernandez

Aug 19, 2021, 7:05:57 AM8/19/21
to Diladele Web Safety
Hi all.
Can I block Apps like Teamviewer or Anydesk with Web Filter?
Thanks in advanced.

rafael....@diladele.com

Aug 19, 2021, 9:28:03 AM8/19/21
to Diladele Web Safety
The proxy works on the HTTP requests/responses not on applications. If you are able to identify the request/response coming from some app - like by UserAgent, target domain etc - then you can block that request/response. But we do not have per-identified collections of rules so to say.

Enrique Fernandez

Aug 19, 2021, 9:30:55 AM8/19/21
to Diladele Web Safety
Thanks, do you think this function can be implemented together with Suricata IDS?

rafael....@diladele.com

Aug 19, 2021, 9:33:47 AM8/19/21
to Diladele Web Safety
Maybe yes if it works over HTTP - but as far as I know Suricata works over TCP data.