Installation is rolling back action on Windows Server 2016

Walter L

May 23, 2021, 6:41:16 PM5/23/21
to Diladele Web Safety
webproxy-1.2.0.E5D2_amd64

I'm trying to reinstall Web Filtering Proxy for Windows after the two services stopped, but the installation is rolling back action and can't be done. Can somebody help me?

rafael....@diladele.com

May 24, 2021, 2:56:43 AM5/24/21
to Diladele Web Safety
Hello Walter,

Please try renaming the C:\ProgramData\Diladele folder before installing a new version. Most probably that folder is left on disk after uninstall, but the new installer is failing to note that.

We are now working on upgrades so hopefully this step will not be needed in future.

Best regards,
Rafael

Walter L

May 24, 2021, 1:55:42 PM5/24/21
to web-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi! I've tried but didn't work. Is there another folder?

rafael....@diladele.com

May 24, 2021, 2:11:48 PM5/24/21
to Diladele Web Safety
That is strange. May I ask you to run the install with the log?
Something like:

msiexec.exe /i webproxy-1.2.0.E5D2_amd64.msi /l*v install.log

Then please send the install log to sup...@diladele.com - it will come to me directly.
Raf

Walter L

May 24, 2021, 2:17:13 PM5/24/21
to web-s...@googlegroups.com
Sure.

--
WALTER LUIZ

install.log

rafael....@diladele.com

May 24, 2021, 2:22:32 PM5/24/21
to Diladele Web Safety
Google search indicates you might have a problem with corrupted performance counters.
Please see this citrix article for the same error - https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX232498

They recommend:

Solution
  1. Reset the Performance Counters:
    • In an elevated command prompt reset the performance counters with the following command: "Lodctr.exe /R"
    • Then restarted the Machine.

May I ask you to try?

Raf

Walter L

May 24, 2021, 2:29:09 PM5/24/21
to web-s...@googlegroups.com
I will try and then give you feedback.

Walter L

May 24, 2021, 6:51:51 PM5/24/21
to web-s...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately it didn't work.
--
WALTER LUIZ

rafael....@diladele.com

May 25, 2021, 9:37:15 AM5/25/21
to Diladele Web Safety
May I ask if you have access to some other machine with Windows Server? Just to try if the msi itself is fine.
It installs normally on all machines in the test lab here :(

Walter L

May 25, 2021, 9:54:20 AM5/25/21
to web-s...@googlegroups.com
Yes, i do have access, also i used the same file, it's working normally. I guess this first machine has some installation problem, but i can't reinstall the Windows Server because it is already in using by the employees.
All I need to do is block porn web sites access. I've tried Squid but it didn't work properly. One minute denys and oAll I need to do is block porn sites access. I've tried Squid but it didn't work properly. In one minute denys and suddenly allows the access to those web sites.
Do you have any suggestion?
I appreciate your help.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Diladele Web Safety" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/web-safety/1a08005d-985a-4118-8d47-55e72841fdc6n%40googlegroups.com.