Authenticating Against The Filtering Proxy From Java

Ruari Almost

Dec 16, 2022, 5:35:36 AM12/16/22
to Diladele Web Safety
Hi Folks

We are using Web Filtering Proxy with the authentication set to "Authenticate Users With Negotiate...".

We have a number of clients that have to go through the proxy.

One client is written in .Net and works fine (after a bit of pushing and shoving).

However, we have another client that is written in Java and we keep getting 407 no matter what client library we try or combination of settings.

Does anyone have any ideas?

thanks

Ruari.

Ruari Almost

Dec 16, 2022, 5:46:13 AM12/16/22
to Diladele Web Safety
I should add that basic auth from Java works great.

rafael....@diladele.com

Dec 16, 2022, 6:50:22 AM12/16/22
to Diladele Web Safety
Hello Ruari,

In wfp we use standard windows ImpersonateSecurityContext/RevertSecurityContext API from Microsoft with no additions.
To debug the traffic from that app, try:

- when no one on the proxy
- in admin ui/proxy settings/general - enable dumping of sessions on disk
- save and restart
- run your app and see it is not authenticated (proxy responds with 407)
- in admin ui/proxy settings/general - disable dumping of sessions on disk
- save and restart

Then in C:\ProgramData\Diladele\WebProxy\n.n\var\temp will be *.debug files - you can pack and send it to me to take a look at sup...@diladele.com

BTW the app you are using for tests - is it public? Can I just run it in the test lab here?

Raf

Ruari Almost

Dec 16, 2022, 8:13:06 AM12/16/22
to Diladele Web Safety
Hi Raf

No unfortunately it is not public - its just running on my laptop.

Will do what you recommend.

Thanks very much

Ruari.