Need help with blocking all of Youtube except specific channels

justina...@gmail.com

May 18, 2021, 11:51:04 AM5/18/21
to Diladele Web Safety
I'm trying to setup blocking of Youtube for everything except a specific channel. Under WebFilter --> Youtube --> General Settings, I have checked Enable Additional Youtube Video Categorization as well as have Action set to Block Videos by Default. Then I go to WebFilter --> Youtube --> Allowed Channels and insert the allowed channel in there. After reloading, I'm still able to view all videos on Youtube independent of channel. Any idea of what I'm missing?

Thanks,
Justin

rafael....@diladele.com

May 19, 2021, 2:36:21 AM5/19/21
to Diladele Web Safety
Hello Justin,

There was some change in YT that rendered the approach we used inefficient - this was fixed in 7.6

Planned date of release - July 2021.
You can always use it now - the installer will not change (code freeze) - see https://docs.diladele.com/, specifically for virtual appliance - https://packages.diladele.com/websafety-va/7.6/websafety.zip

Best regards,
Rafael

justina...@gmail.com

May 19, 2021, 9:19:11 AM5/19/21
to Diladele Web Safety
Thanks Rafael -- I will look into getting 7.6 installed in my virtual environment and see how it works. Many thanks for a great product!!