OpenLDAP--WebSafety...is it possible??

Jesse James

Jul 1, 2021, 11:21:29 AM7/1/21
to Diladele Web Safety
This thread from several years ago (this POST in particular)  indicates that, although it's not officially supported, it's possible to authenticate with OpenLDAP.  Further down the thread, there is even a pic of a new admin GUI addition that would include the necessary search terms (...which apparently never made the final cut. :-( )

I've been trying to get this working for a few days, but not much success. As Gibby stated in that post, although you can't search for groups, "manually putting in the correct [group] info does work." That was my experience as well. However, he/she was able to search users by adding (uid=%s) to the search filter in '/opt/websafety-ui/var/console/squid/templates/squid/conf/authentication.conf' (after a restart of squid, changes are propagated to '/opt/websafety/etc/squid/authentication.conf' as well). Searching for users, or authenticating manually-added users, does NOT work, as far as I can tell.

We are using OpenLDAP, with no access to (or desire for!) MSAD. I'm pretty sure someone has been able to do this successfully.  Would you care to share? Please?

rafael....@diladele.com

Jul 2, 2021, 12:15:41 AM7/2/21
to Diladele Web Safety
Hello Jesse,

Unfortunately I cannot add anything to the subject, we never tried OpenLDAP.
:(

Best regards,
Rafael