Force Duckduckgo.com to html.duckduckgo.com

Daryl W

Jun 1, 2021, 5:51:32 AM6/1/21
to Diladele Web Safety
I would like to redirect all requests to duckduckgo.com to go to html.duckduckgo.com. I found this site which shows how to do it in the squid.conf file, but it appears websafety manages the Squid.conf file.

Is there any way I can achieve this in Websafety?

rafael....@diladele.com

Jun 1, 2021, 8:26:35 AM6/1/21
to Diladele Web Safety
Unfortunately rewriting various parts of the HTTP message is not possible for now.
We are hoping to add this in future versions.

Best regards,
Rafael

rafael....@diladele.com

Jun 1, 2021, 8:28:30 AM6/1/21
to Diladele Web Safety
Note if you only need to apply the Squid acls for all policies at once - then simply add those acls into Admin UI / Squid / Settings / Advanced ACLs field.

Daryl W

Jun 1, 2021, 11:12:29 AM6/1/21
to Diladele Web Safety
Thanks for your replies. I believe applying the policy globally would be ok.

I will be honest here, I know nothing about Squid ACL's, and what I tried is not working.

The local ip address of the machine is 10.108.0.2

Squid config is as follows:
Allowed subnets:
fc00::/7
fe80::/10

This is what I put in the Advanced ACL:
acl lan src 10.0.0.0/8                           #What goes here???? Should this say localnet instead of lan??
acl badsites dstdomain https://duckduckgo.com                 #to deny "duckduckgo.com"
deny_info https://html.duckduckgo.com lan                   #Deny with redirect to html.duckduckgo.com for duckduckgo.com
http_reply_access deny badsites lan

Any suggestions by someone that understands these ACL's would be greatly appreciated.

Daryl W

Jun 1, 2021, 2:04:17 PM6/1/21
to Diladele Web Safety

Ok this works:
acl badsites dstdomain .bing.com
http_reply_access deny badsites all

But not this:
acl badsites dstdomain http://duckduckgo.com (or https://duckduckgo.com, replacing with .duckduckgo.com just redirects in a circle as expected)
http_reply_access deny badsites all

Perhaps redirecting to a subdomain is not possible?

Thanks!

rafael....@diladele.com

Jun 1, 2021, 2:30:45 PM6/1/21
to Diladele Web Safety