Interacting with a patch

Curveau

Sep 5, 2012, 5:45:39 AM9/5/12
to web-pu...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

Can anyone please clarify how to communicate with a patch.

I understand you can create objects via Javascript, but how do you control / access objects already in patches.

Is it similar to the process via libpd? http://libpd.cc/documentation/  - Would the libpd style of implementation not make more sense for cross-compatibility?

Sebastian, it really looks like you've done some great work, and would just like to know the best way to  attack and get stuck in.

Thanks

Curveau

Sep 5, 2012, 6:01:29 AM9/5/12
to web-pu...@googlegroups.com
Ok, looking at the Processing and PD example it looks like it is uses some common libpd-style (PD-style?) functions to access the patch:-

Also with the GUI. Is this working with your new version  Sebastian?

It looks like the simple pd.send and receive is the common way.

Has much changed since these? I hoping the amount of memory used :)

Many thanks

sebastien piquemal

Sep 8, 2012, 5:12:16 AM9/8/12
to web-pu...@googlegroups.com
Hi !

I'm really sorry for the mess ! Looks like I really have to fix this as fast as possible ...

It looks like you are using Chris' stuff (processing example and so on ...). This is outdated ! You should checkout my fork of the repository :

I've updated the readme file to include a small "getting started", and an example with "patch.send" so that you can get started.

Please tell me if it answers your questions and if this "getting started" is clear enough !

Cheers,

Sébastien

Curveau

Sep 9, 2012, 7:34:18 AM9/9/12
to web-pu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sebastian,

This looks very simple to understand - and clears things up a lot. Thanks!

Love the GUI :)

Is there any documentation for which functions you've implemented? Is your patch.send syntax of your own implementation?

sebastien piquemal

Sep 11, 2012, 1:26:55 AM9/11/12
to web-pu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks :)

I'll be pushing the whole thing forward a lot very soon.

If by "which functions I've implemented", you mean which API functions, just open the simple GUI, and click on "API calls" on the bottom left, and play, create objects, connections, send messages, you'll see what API calls are needed to achieve this.

However, most of the API is undocumented.

Curveau

Sep 11, 2012, 9:13:02 AM9/11/12
to web-pu...@googlegroups.com
Cool - will play with that for now. If I get some time I'd like to try and help out.

Thanks again. Will be in touch!

sebastien piquemal

Sep 12, 2012, 7:45:25 AM9/12/12
to web-pu...@googlegroups.com
Great ! Have fun then ! And please report any problem !