[WebPd] aliases

1 view

Spencer Kelly

Oct 18, 2010, 4:34:33 PM10/18/10
to web-pu...@googlegroups.com
i'd like to propose adding aliases to the pd object.

right now we do this
PdObjects.t = PdObjects.trigger;
this works for trigger etc,

but pd handles objects like 'vslider' differently; In the source, it corrects them to 'vsl'.

We could have a more tolerant interface than pd, and correct things like [plus] to [+]. just to be nice.

objections?

chrism

Oct 24, 2010, 9:57:53 PM10/24/10
to web-pu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Spencer,

Just a quick reply.

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 16:34:33 -0400, Spencer Kelly
<spencer...@gmail.com> wrote:
> i'd like to propose adding aliases to the pd object.
>
> right now we do this
> PdObjects.t = PdObjects.trigger;
> this works for trigger etc,
>
> but pd handles objects like 'vslider' differently; In the source, it
> corrects them to 'vsl'.

So you want to add an aliases array to each object itself, rather than
having a separate thing? I am totally ok with that.

> We could have a more tolerant interface than pd, and correct things like
> [plus] to [+]. just to be nice.

If it was me I would try to make the UI as close to Pd as possible so
people don't get confused, but feel free to add whatever enhancements
you like! I am mainly concerned with making the actual DSP engine be as
close to Pd as possible.

Cheers,

Chris.

http://mccormick.cx