0.2 released

sebastien piquemal

Sep 23, 2012, 4:02:36 PM9/23/12
to web-pu...@googlegroups.com
Hi all !

Happy to announce that I released version 0.2 !
It was about time ...
This is working quite well, there will be fixes of course, but I don't plan on implementing many more objects for the moment.

Focus for the version 0.3 is to try to port everything to Web Audio API, to make the library super-fast. This will remove support for Firefox ... however I read that Mozilla plans to implement Web Audio API in Firefox as well, so it is only a matter of time before 0.3 will work also in Firefox.

I've made a stub of a roadmap here : https://github.com/sebpiq/WebPd/wiki/Roadmap

I'll complete it little by little.

Cheers,

Sébastien

Spencer Kelly

Sep 24, 2012, 5:26:31 AM9/24/12
to web-pu...@googlegroups.com
you rule!
abstractions would be amazing
thanks for sharing this!

Curveau

Sep 24, 2012, 6:51:09 AM9/24/12
to web-pu...@googlegroups.com
Great stuff - sounds amazing.....

I understand that Mozilla will be one of the last to adopt(?) as nearly all platforms / browsers seem to be making good progress with the API.

Will test the P5 eg ASAP.

Thankyouthankyou

sebastien piquemal

Sep 25, 2012, 8:17:03 AM9/25/12
to web-pu...@googlegroups.com
- Status of the Audio API(s) in all browsers : http://caniuse.com/audio-api
- More details on Firefox & Web Audio API : https://wiki.mozilla.org/Web_Audio_API

So yeah ... probably Firefox will be last. But porting the whole thing to Web audio API might take time anyways.