interface

Spencer Kelly

Sep 29, 2010, 2:16:54 AM9/29/10
to web-pu...@googlegroups.com
hi all, i've got an almost-working puredata interface, in processing.js.
http://www.spencerwaterbed.com/soft/webpd/
theres alot of work to do yet, and its been hard, but it's coming along quickly.

i've also written some glue objects - (random, float, int, bang,
toggle, moses, change) which we could share.

hey webpd.com is taken, what about puredatajs ?

glad this stuff is coming together. will notify this list when the ui
gets stronger.
cheers

Chris McCormick

Sep 29, 2010, 4:01:46 AM9/29/10
to web-pu...@googlegroups.com
Hey Spencer,

Very cool. Sorry I haven't got back to you with SVN details yet. I will do some webpd hacking when I get home this weekend (out in the countryside right now) and get that to you then. Can't wait to merge all these new objects from you guys!

Cheers,

Chris.

marius schebella

Sep 29, 2010, 4:50:27 AM9/29/10
to web-pu...@googlegroups.com
very, very nice. I didn't have the time to follow the development of
webpd/processing.js closely lateley, but I am really impressed by the
direction this is going. thanks!!
marius. (trying to think of a way to give you better support..)

Vilson Vieira

Sep 29, 2010, 4:16:54 PM9/29/10
to web-pu...@googlegroups.com
awesome! I want to help too! is there any repository?

maybe this js library would be interesting to the visual frontend [1].

cheers.

[1] http://neyric.github.com/wireit/

2010/9/29 marius schebella <marius.s...@gmail.com>

--
Vilson Vieira

vil...@void.cc

((( http://automata.cc )))

((( http://musa.cc )))

chrism

Oct 1, 2010, 6:24:00 AM10/1/10
to web-pu...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, 29 Sep 2010 17:16:54 -0300, Vilson Vieira <vil...@void.cc>
wrote:

> awesome! I want to help too! is there any repository?

Hi Vilson,

The main site is here, and has information about getting the source:
<http://mccormick.cx/projects/WebPd>

The Google Code page is here:
<http://code.google.com/p/web-pure-data>

Cheers,

Chris.

-------------------
http://mccormick.cx

chrism

Oct 1, 2010, 6:36:02 AM10/1/10
to web-pu...@googlegroups.com
Spencer and Brandon,

I would really like to merge your new objects and changes. I would like
to proceed as follows:

1. I will set up a dev branch in the SVN repository for you.
2. I will add you to the committers (please send me your google code
id)
3. You will commit your changes to the branch.
4. I will merge the changes from your branch into trunk.

Does this sound ok to you? What would be best for me is if you could
commit your changes in as granular a fashion as possible. E.g. first
check out the branch, and then apply changes bit-by-bit verifying at
each stage and committing. I want to do this to maintain version
integrity and give myself the ability to merge stuff cleanly and
refactor as I go. Please let me know if this sounds reasonable, and send
me your google code IDs when you are ready.

Spencer, is it ok with you if I first merge your new objects and
architecture changes before considering the UI stuff? I am still
wondering if the UI stuff shouldn't be in a separate branch or
repository. I will think about it some more, but in the meantime I'd
really like to get your changes merged in.

Cheers!

Chris.

--
-------------------
http://mccormick.cx

Spencer Kelly

Oct 1, 2010, 4:43:04 PM10/1/10
to web-pu...@googlegroups.com

spencerkelly86 (@gmail.com)

> Spencer, is it ok with you if I first merge your new objects and
> architecture changes before considering the UI stuff? I am still
> wondering if the UI stuff shouldn't be in a separate branch or
> repository. I will think about it some more, but in the meantime I'd
> really like to get your changes merged in.

ya. np. it needs a fair amount of intimate spencer love right now...
itll probably become more dependent once it begins interacting with
the graph live, like with toggles and shit.
but thats still a week or two away ...atleast.

Brandon James

Oct 1, 2010, 5:07:35 PM10/1/10
to web-pure-data
Yeah, sounds good to me too. I've never used Google Code before. Where
do I find my ID?

Brandon James

Oct 1, 2010, 5:08:43 PM10/1/10
to web-pure-data
Oh, and welcome back Chris!

chrism

Oct 3, 2010, 10:04:54 PM10/3/10
to web-pu...@googlegroups.com
Hey Spencer,

Ok, I have created the following svn branch for you to work in:

https://web-pure-data.googlecode.com/svn/branches/spencer

I have also added you as a committer to the project, so feel free to
push your modifications in there. I think you can use the `svn switch`
command, or else check out a fresh copy from there and then push your
changes back in one-by-one. If you could keep them as modular and atomic
as possible that would be really nice for me - e.g. one commit per new
object, and the architecture changes in one go, or something like that.

Cheers,

Chris.

On Fri, 1 Oct 2010 16:43:04 -0400, Spencer Kelly

--
-------------------
http://mccormick.cx

chrism

Oct 3, 2010, 10:07:49 PM10/3/10
to web-pu...@googlegroups.com
Hey Brandon,

I think your existing gmail address username should work as an account.
I have added your email as a comitter, and created a branch for you to
work in here:

https://web-pure-data.googlecode.com/svn/branches/brandon

Let me know if/when you have pushed code and I'll start trying to merge
stuff into trunk.

Cheers!

Chris.

--