Database name with a dash

Paul Maddy

Aug 19, 2014, 2:46:30 PM8/19/14
to web-obje...@googlegroups.com

I have a database name with a dash in it. I cannot update the database because I get an error stating incorrect syntax near ‘-‘.  The select statement of the operation works ok though. I’m able to put brackets around it. When I try to update a field it fails. I cannot put brackets around the update statement’s database name syntax though because it’s generated by WOW.   Please advise.

Thanks

Paul Maddy I Information Technologies
USI Affinity I Division
3070 Riverside Dr.
I Columbus, Ohio, 43221
Tel: 614.340.6121 I Fax: 610.537.9734
paul....@usiaffinity.com
I www.usiaffinity.com

Twitter http://twitter.com/usiaffinity
LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/companies/usi-affinity
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/usiaffinity

P Think before you print

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged and confidential information and is intended only for the use of the individual and/or entity identified. If you are not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby requested not to distribute or copy this communication. If you have received this communication in error, please notify me by telephone or return the e-mail and delete the original message from your system. Thanks

[support], _

Aug 19, 2014, 3:28:19 PM8/19/14
to web-obje...@googlegroups.com, _ [support]
Hi Paul,

I assume you are using SQL SERVER?  If so, look at using synomns:

You can basically give the DB a different name and then use that to get rid of the -.

THanks, WOW SUPPORT

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Web Object Wizard Community PlanetJ" group.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/web-object-wizard.