Using HTML code to input dates for a date range selection

dwc_...@hotmail.com

Jun 12, 2017, 2:05:15 PM6/12/17
to Web Object Wizard Community PlanetJ
Reading the Documentation that comes with WOW CE, it says I can put something like this in the Instructions section of my WOW report:

<input type = "date" name = "StartDate"/>
<input type = "date" name = "EndDate"/>

Then in the code section of my SQL script I can use something like:

   WHEN vij.INVOICEDATE >= ??%StartDate AND vij.INVOICEDATE <= ??%EndDate

-----

When I run the report, it does put two boxes at the top of the showing [mm/dd/yyyy][mm/dd/yyyy] - but while it prints the output grid and without any headings telling me they are startdate and enddate -- and never gives me a chance to enter any dates before it prints.

I was thinking it would caption them as StartDate and EndDate, and allow me to enter the date range --- then create the grid.

What am I missing here - do I need to add more HTML code?  The manual really doesn't give very good examples

Following are the instructions that came with the manual_________________________

Request parameters are parameters which get their values from the HttpRequest.  For example,

lets say you had some HTML (in a JSP or in Operation instructions) similar to this:

<input type="text" name="myInput" />

<input type="hidden" name="myHiddenInput" value="1998" />

In your operation you could then use a Request parameter to get the values from the HTML.

Two question marks followed by a percent sign “%” and an identifying name is the sequence

used to indicate a Request parameter.  So, from the above example, if you used the

parameter ??%myHiddenInput in your SQL, the value returned for the parameter will be 1998.

If, in turn, you used ??%myInput as the parameter in your SQL, the value returned for the

parameter would be whatever value the user entered in the input.

[support], _

Jun 12, 2017, 2:11:36 PM6/12/17
to web-obje...@googlegroups.com
Hello.  Thanks for post.

If you want to prompt for a date, you can just code it directly into your SQL such as:

SELECT * from x.y
 WHERE  vij.INVOICEDATE >=  ?  AND vij.INVOICEDATE  <= ?

a single ? will cause WOW to prompt.

See this video for further examples:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkB8umUtQk4

You could use request parameters to supplement a custom UI but it's not needed.

Thanks WOW SUPPORT

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Web Object Wizard Community PlanetJ" group.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/web-object-wizard.