IPL of IBM I impacts WOW connections

Phil Stewart

Dec 15, 2013, 11:28:35 PM12/15/13
to web-obje...@googlegroups.com
Hi Support,

Our IBM i is restarts each week.
This appears to be having an impact on WOW(which runs on a windows server and metadata on IBM i) in that the number of sessions does not appear to retained.
when a user attempts to run a report, they get the message "connection does not exist" and I can can see that there are no connections(I have the Min. number of Connections set to 3).
Any suggestions on how I can cater for this?

If I log onto the WOW server and restart APACHE all is ok and as expected.(ie. Min. Connections(3) are created.)

thankyou.

[support], _

Dec 16, 2013, 3:37:14 PM12/16/13
to web-obje...@googlegroups.com
Hi Phil,

When you IPL, all the WOW connections to that system are terminated.  WOW has the ability to refresh connections periodically via the connection cleanup timout:  https://sites.google.com/a/planetjavainc.com/wow_builders_guide/home/3-2-creating-connections

However it may be difficult to time the cleanup to synchronize with the completion of your IPL.  I would recommend adding a Tomcat restart to your procedure when you IPL.  THanks, WOW SUPPORT

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Web Object Wizard Community PlanetJ" group.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/web-object-wizard.