1 Samuel is "essentially done"

Kahunapule Michael Johnson

Aug 9, 2012, 9:37:44 PM8/9/12
to web...@ebible.org, web-...@googlegroups.com
Grace, mercy and peace to you!

The main manual editing pass has been done for 1 Samuel, and it is "essentially done". By that, we mean that it is stable (only small changes are likely from here on out, if any), and that we have a high confidence in not only its accuracy but its readability by modern speakers of English.

Work continues on 2 Samuel - Nehemiah and Jeremiah - Daniel in the Old Testament. For a quick reference to what is done, see the table of contents of what is present at http://PNGScriptures.org/eng-uk/ or check http://eBible.org/web/copyright.htm (which, of course, also says that there is no copyright on the World English Bible).

The restarted Apocrypha/Deuterocanon is in progress, as well, with 2 Maccabees in the RV being re-keyboarded for a source text. The language update in that section (and in the LXX2012, Septuagint in English) is currently limited to changing archaic words and suffixes to modern American English spellings. In other words, "doeth" becomes "does", etc. (For modern British/Australian/International spellings, there is the World English Bible British edition.)

If you find an archaic word or phrase in the WEB Apocrypha that should be updated, please let me know. Likewise, if you find a problem with a typo, accuracy, or clarity of any of the "essentially done" sections of the World English Bible, please let me know. (In the non-done section of the World English Bible, there are many issues that we already know about, like missing quotation marks in the Major Prophets, capitalization and punctuation issues, missing paragraph and poetry formatting, and a few remaining word usage updates needed. It is faster just to deal with those particular things as we see them than go through the verification process with typo reports.)

eBible.org is the original and continuing home of the World English Bible, but also has other Bibles in other languages and pointers to many others.
WorldEnglishBible.org is about the World English Bible.
WEBible.org is a direct link to content identical to eBible.org/web, but 2 characters shorter.
HNVBible.org is a direct link to the World English Bible: Messianic Edition (sometimes called the Hebrew Names Version), also at eBible.org/hnv.

Oh, and by the way... if the Lord puts it on your heart to donate to help us afford to keep doing this work full time and help keep our high-capacity servers on line, not just for the World English Bible, but for hundreds of other Bible translations that may be freely copied, too, please do.
--

Aloha,
Kahunapule Michael Johnson

You may donate online at http://mpj.us/give/ or