WEB project status

Kahunapule Michael Johnson

Aug 18, 2014, 2:55:44 AM8/18/14
to web-...@googlegroups.com
If you haven't already tried it, check out the World English Bible in the inScript Bible Browser at http://eBible.org/study/. There, you have full search capability, plus the ability to display other translations in parallel columns if your screen is wide enough.

The infamous World English Bible comment email backlog queue is down to 444 messages long. Many of those emails are likely to result in minor improvements to the World English Bible, once evaluated. Some are for typo corrections or suggested updates that have already happened. We plan to sort through all of them before going to press with an "official" print edition. (An unofficial print edition is available at mpj.cx/buyweb.)

The following books of the World English Bible are "essentially done": all 66 books of the Old and New Testaments, plus Tobit, Judith, Esther (Greek), and Psalm 151 of the Deuterocanon/Apocrypha. Those are the books that we most need proofreading in. If you want to help proofread, please read the FAQ first, then make sure you submit clear comments that include:
  • Where (book, chapter, and verse)
  • What you suggest be changed
  • Why (i.e. obvious typo, translation needs improvement, grammar or punctuation error, unclear English, etc.)

--
Your partner in electronic Bible publishing,

MICHAEL JOHNSON
1215 S KIHEI RD STE O-728
KIHEI HI 96753-5220

USA

Verizon Wireless Mobile: +1 808-333-6921
Skype: kahunapule or +1 719-387-7238
Bibles.pw
eBible.org
MLJohnson.org