Introducing the World Messianic Bible

Kahunapule Michael Johnson

Sep 22, 2014, 7:02:47 PM9/22/14
to web-...@googlegroups.com
Hallelujah!

Today, our World English Bible incoming comment queue has nothing in it. Zero unhandled emails. That hasn't happened since 1998. This feels good. :-)

It should be getting really hard to find real typos, grammatical errors, wording that is not clear enough or doesn't match the source text's meaning, and punctuation errors, now. At least it should be hard in the entire Old and New Testaments and the Deuterocanon/Apocrypha through Wisdom 4. If you find one, though, PLEASE let me know. I'm talking about things that just aren't right, not requests to change things that have already been decided per the FAQ. We want to make sure the World English Bible is really ready for its first official 66-book print run on nice Bible paper and with leather binding. And of course, we always strive for excellence in the primary arena for the World English Bible: electronic and digital formats. If you have submitted a comment that is still applicable and it doesn't appear to be handled in the current text at eBible.org/web/, please let me know. Remember, this is not a time to ask for changes in style, conformance to anyone's pet doctrine or personal preferances, but this is about keeping this the best available Public Domain translation of the whole Holy Bible into contemporary English, as spoken world-wide.

The World English Bible: Messianic Edition (WEB:ME), also known as the Hebrew Names Version (HNV) has been renamed to the World Messianic Bible. The text is the same. It is still directly derived from the World English Bible with 3 changes:
  • Certain names of people, places, and feasts are changed to their Hebrew forms.
  • "Baptism" becomes "immersion" for a stronger connection with the tradition of Mikveh.
  • The Holy Name rendered "Yahweh" in the WEB is rendered "LORD" or "GOD" in the WMB.
Thanks go to Wayne Mitchell, Bible editor of the substitution lists used to create the World Messianic Bible. May God use this translation to draw many Jews to faith in the True Messiah. I think "World Messianic Bible" rolls off of a tongue more easily than "World English Bible: Messianic Edition". Don't you think so?

The World Messianic Bible British Edition is the same as the World Messianic Bible, except that it uses British/International spelling instead of American spelling.

The World English Bible British Edition is the same as the World English Bible, except that it uses British/International spelling instead of American spelling and it renders "Yahweh" as "LORD" or "GOD".

--
Your partner in electronic Bible publishing,

MICHAEL JOHNSON
1215 S KIHEI RD STE O-728
KIHEI HI 96753-5220

USA

Verizon Wireless Mobile: +1 808-333-6921
Skype: kahunapule or +1 719-387-7238
Bibles.pw
eBible.org
MLJohnson.org