World English Bible translation status: please pray

Kahunapule Michael Johnson

Oct 30, 2013, 9:43:32 PM10/30/13
to web...@ebible.org, web-...@googlegroups.com

Having been involved in some way or another with many Bible translation projects, I have noticed that spiritual warfare tends to increase in the final stages of the translation and publication process. The World English Bible is no exception. The enemy will not win, but we are not unaware of the efforts the defeated foe makes. Therefore, I ask you to please spend regular time in prayer for everyone involved in the World English Bible translation and publication, especially me and my family, and for all of the services and equipment involved. The eBible.org servers, which host hundreds of Bible translations in hundreds of languages, in addition to the World English Bible, have recently been subjected to a significant hacker attack. Services are mostly restored, but there is still some work shoring up the defenses and implementing contingency plans. Please pray that we would balance time according to God's best plan.

Work is still in progress updating the language of Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel, and Daniel. Once that is done, we will work on audio recording and print publication. Anyone interested in accelerating the process may donate to help us cover expenses. A conventional print run is a very costly thing to undertake for an individual, but for a large group, it is not such a hard thing to do. But... don't give if your heart isn't in it. God loves a cheerful giver. :-)

Donations that are tax deductible in the USA may be made to World Outreach Ministries (see below). From outside of the USA, you may use that channel or PayPal gifts to Kahun...@eBible.org.

There. I did it. I asked for money, because we need it. This is an opportunity to help us prove that we can conduct a legitimate Bible translation ministry without fully depending on book sales and limiting electronic distribution with copyrights and DRM to make financial ends meet.

--

Aloha,
Kahunapule Michael Johnson

You may donate online at mpj.cx/give or