WWW Ranking - Update

Shawn Lucas

Aug 3, 2022, 8:50:44 AM8/3/22
to Web Data Commons
Hi,
Love the Ranking guide at http://wwwranking.webdatacommons.org/. Given it's quite outdated since 2014, I was wondering two questions:
1) Is the team planning to run a new update in the future?
2) If there is a contact I could reach out to about running my own process to update with latest CC data dumps.

In regards in #2, would like to understand more about the EC2/EMR configs used prior to estimate costing, etc.

Sebastian Nagel

Aug 4, 2022, 8:37:47 AM8/4/22
to Web Data Commons
Hi Shawn,

since 2017 Common Crawl releases web graphs and graph-based rankings [1]. Best, have a look at the latest one [2].

The methods are similar than those of the 2012/2014 Web Data Commons graphs, or in other words: the WDC software
was one reference or source of inspiration, used to set up the graph construction and processing. All software is open source
and linked on [1,2].

Best,
Sebastian

Shawn Lucas

Aug 4, 2022, 9:10:00 AM8/4/22
to Web Data Commons
Thanks Sebastian!
Super helpful, really appreciate it. I'll take a look at both links, play with the data, and write back if any questions.

Cheers,
Shawn

Chillar Anand

Nov 8, 2022, 10:07:15 AM11/8/22
to Web Data Commons
All the posts related to WWW-Ranking are tagged in https://commoncrawl.org/category/web-graph/

If Categories/Tags are exposed to users in common-crawl blog, it would be easy for users to browse based on them.