Web Table Corpora

Mubashara Akhtar

Mar 1, 2021, 10:11:32 AM3/1/21
to Web Data Commons
Dear WebDataCommons-Team,

I wanted to inquire if you are planning to release some data in near future related to Web tables, for example a new table corpus?

I'd also appreciate references to any recently released Web table datasets (e.g. from 2020) you know of.

Many thanks in advance!
Mubashara

Anna Primpeli

Mar 1, 2021, 11:44:19 AM3/1/21
to web-data...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mubashara,

thank you for your message!

In 2014, our group released a web table corpus consisting of millions of relational tables from the August 2012 Common Crawl.
You can find more details about this web table corpus here:

We plan to have soon a new release of a table corpus. This table corpus will derive from the schema.org subsets of our new extraction which we have published here:
More concretely, we plan to transform the n-quad files of the 44 distinct topical domains (e.g. Hotel, Product and Restaurant), to website specific relational tables with each row representing one entity and each column referring to the schema.org properties accompanying the annotated entity.

Once the corpus is released, you will be informed via this mailing list.

Stay tuned :)

Best regards,
Anna

Akhtar, Mubashara