Spot the error

Graham Easterling

Dec 27, 2021, 11:11:01 AM12/27/21
to Weather and Climate

2021-12-27 16_09_44-Capture.png

Graham
Penzance

Tudor Hughes

Dec 27, 2021, 10:39:43 PM12/27/21
to Weather and Climate

10-mb isobars.  Where on earth did you get that horror from?

Tudor.
On Monday, 27 December 2021 at 16:11:01 UTC Graham Easterling wrote:

2021-12-27 16_09_44-Capture.png

Graham
Penzance

Graham Easterling

Dec 28, 2021, 3:40:27 AM12/28/21
to Weather and Climate
Also theres a 961 low which, I would guess, should be 991.

Its a MetO fax chart off netweather

Windy here this morning, reached 40mph even here in Penzance last night.

Graham

Graham Easterling

Dec 28, 2021, 4:31:05 AM12/28/21
to Weather and Climate
What drew me to the chart was how widely spaced the isobars were compared to the previous one, then I spotted the reason.

All back to normal this morning, I think. Looking again I assume the 961 relates to the low to the NW, not a shallow low associated with the occlusion it's next to. I'd ruled out the other low as I assumed the innermost isobar to be 976, which, of course it isn't.

Progress eh?

Graham

jack.h...@gmail.com

Dec 28, 2021, 10:47:04 AM12/28/21
to Weather and Climate
I mention an error of a different sort in my thread:

Ashley haworth-roberts

Dec 28, 2021, 1:31:46 PM12/28/21
to Weather and Climate
I think 961 was correct - the low centre is to the northwest of '961'.

(I couldn't see any errors but maybe others have.)

Ashley haworth-roberts

Dec 28, 2021, 1:34:05 PM12/28/21
to Weather and Climate
Just read that Graham is saying the same about 'L 961'.