Latest French winter rainfall totals

xmetman

Jan 27, 2018, 12:19:00 PM1/27/18
to Weather and Climate

Jack Harrison

Jan 28, 2018, 3:18:48 AM1/28/18
to Weather and Climate

Presumably it’s another manifestation of a changing climate with more extremes?  More extreme weather has long been a predicted outcome of global warming.
However a certain world figure seems to believe that global warming is fake news.

Jack

David Mitchell

Jan 28, 2018, 5:06:09 PM1/28/18
to Weather and Climate
You'll find me just to the south of a line from Limoges to Clermont Ferrand in the dark green colour.

We've has just over 420mm and though excessive, it isn't unheard of and there's scope to add another 100mm to that.

Clermont Ferrand is an interesting location, in the lee of the mountains to the West, it is one of the driest locations in France, so 90+mm there is pretty wet.