Penzance - 2 days of unbroken sunshine

Graham Easterling

May 13, 2023, 8:49:02 AM5/13/23
to Weather and Climate
Well, so far, it's currently 13:45.

Yesterday there was a convergence line down the spine of the Lizard resulting in a line of Cu, flattening out into decaying Sc as they blew off the Lizard point, never affecting the sunshine in Penzance.

Today the breeze has virtually gone & not a cloud in the sky all day, so far. Unlike Len, no 20C here yet. Currently just over 18C, so may reach 19C.

Jubilee Pool late morning.

IMG_6600.JPG

As we've already had our normal May rainfall, perhaps it will stay dry now until June! Mean temperature so far 0.6C above the normal for the whole of May.

Graham
Penzance

Graham Easterling

May 13, 2023, 9:34:14 AM5/13/23
to Weather and Climate
No sea breeze, it's now 19.5C, the warmest day of the year.

On the north coast no sea breeze at Newquay, also >19C, only 16C at Camborne, where there is. (It there's a sea breeze anywhere it's at Camborne MetO station, it funnels up the valley from the north coast).

Graham
Penzance