Tuesday, 11 October 2016

xmetman

Oct 11, 2016, 6:56:05 AM10/11/16
to Weather and Climate

Rather perversely some of the warmest place at the moment are coastal stations down the east coast.
It has to happen of course, with the North Sea being a balmy 16 or 17°C.
But it doesn't stop Stav going on about how cold it is there, please spare a thought for the English Midlands.
Still going on about the wind increasing, but I've seen little sign of that so far.
Showers much lighter than yesterday's, and have still not clumped up to giver longer spells of rain as Carol predicted.
Cooler than yesterday when we reached 16.8°C in mid Devon, with the current temperature at around 14°C (probably because of a feed of cold air downwind from the places that fogged out overnight) the third gloriously sunny morning in a row here, I wonder if it will be the last?

Nick Gardner

Oct 11, 2016, 3:11:46 PM10/11/16
to Weather and Climate
Bruce, a rather fine 17.3°C yesterday seemed to make the Otter Valley one of the warmer places in the British Isles but today, despite unbroken sunshine all day it only made it up to 15.9°C.

Grass temperature down to just 0.9°C this morning. Nearly an unusually early grass frost....

Another chilly one tonight, grass temperature currently 3.4°C at 20:10. Though, if previous nights are anything to go by, the land breeze sparks up in the early hours and the lowest temperatures are recorded just after midnight and then rise slowly.

--
Nick Gardner
Otter Valley, Devon