Satellite view of snow over UK

Len W

Jan 25, 2021, 11:06:06 AM1/25/21
to Weather and Climate
Exmoor and Dartmoor have a covering.
Snow Jan 25 2021 over UK.png

Len

jack.h...@gmail.com

Jan 25, 2021, 9:13:29 PM1/25/21
to Weather and Climate
".....over UK"

Don't encourage them Len.  Despite much politicking, Scotland is still part of the UK (not included on that satpic)

Jack

Len

Jan 26, 2021, 3:18:56 PM1/26/21
to Weather and Climate
Do people live that far north Jack?
😄😄

jack.h...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2021, 11:56:55 AM1/27/21
to Weather and Climate
You rarely see kilts up here but it is quite amazing just how many men wear shorts even in the depths of winter ; and not just postmen - they always wear shorts.

I may slowly be adopting some of the local culture and jargon - "tatties" and "dreich" for example - but I doubt that I will ever wear shorts in winter.

George / Trevor.  How well have you assimilated the Scottish culture?

Jack

George in Edinburgh

Jan 27, 2021, 4:43:55 PM1/27/21
to Weather and Climate
No particular problem. With most of my family from Scotland (Edinburgh, Berwickshire and Shapinsay) I've been in and around these parts all my life.

Weatherwise-a decidedly wintry January continues here with the 20 cm of last week now down to 8 cm. 19 days of snow lying and 19 days of snow falling. Untreated roads and footpaths still challenging. It will be interesting to see what these slowly advancing fronts to our SW produce in the next 24 hrs..