Saturday hottest day of the year

xmetman

May 27, 2019, 9:06:15 AM5/27/19
to Weather and Climate
I know it's only Monday, but I've already heard a couple of TV weather presenters say how on Saturday temperatures in London will reach 26°C making it the hottest day of the year so far. That may well be true but its not quite the full story in other parts of the country if the latest GFS model is to be believed.

2019-05-27_140224.jpg

xmetman

Jun 1, 2019, 9:33:03 AM6/1/19
to Weather and Climate
Top marks to whatever NWP model they were using at MeteoGroup on Monday.

2019-06-01_143023.jpg

Julian Mayes

Jun 1, 2019, 4:20:41 PM6/1/19
to Weather and Climate
Credit due also to the MeteoGroup Model Output Statistics, the source of that 26C forecast on Monday - derived from a range of models plus any human adjustment.

One of those situations I would guess when the east of East Anglia could be warmer tomorrow than today as the sea breezes fail to make much progress against the SW breeze.

As you implied a few days ago, a weekend for very careful national introductory comments on all weather forecasts in view of the NW / SE divide.

Julian
Molesey
Surrey

Julian Mayes

Jun 1, 2019, 6:36:11 PM6/1/19
to Weather and Climate
Credit due also to the MeteoGroup Model Output Statistics, the source of that 26C forecast on Monday - derived from a range of models plus any human adjustment.

I should have added that this comment was meant a little tongue in cheek, and not in a spirit of partisan argument!

Julian

xmetman

Jun 2, 2019, 5:11:43 AM6/2/19
to Weather and Climate
I could vaguely detect that!

You may like the latest couple of articles that I've added to xmetman. The one about the summer index is the one that I planned to publish in the Weather magazine but lost heart.

Julian Mayes

Jun 3, 2019, 6:26:08 PM6/3/19
to Weather and Climate
You may like the latest couple of articles that I've added to xmetman. The one about the summer index is the one that I planned to publish in the Weather magazine but lost heart.

I think we would all have enjoyed reading the summer index article in Weather. Just the kind of topic that would be of wide interest, IMHO.

Cheers

Julian