Animated sea ice

xmetman

Oct 22, 2016, 4:20:36 AM10/22/16
to Weather and Climate
I've added some code to my Sea Ice application to download the sea ice extent images from the National Snow and Ice Data Center [NSIDC] and then put them together to create an animated GIF of the year to year changes in the ice extent in the months of March and September of each year since 1979, for both the Arctic and Antarctic. Apart from the first one, I may have not quite got the animation speed quite right as they appear a little on the quick side to me.

This is the last 3 years monthly sea ice charts which is a little faster, for full details see my blog.