Warmest places in UK during last year

xmetman

Dec 26, 2017, 9:16:44 AM12/26/17
to weathera...@googlegroups.com

John Hall

Dec 26, 2017, 12:08:21 PM12/26/17
to Weather and Climate
Interesting.

Looks from the map as though it's actually "Warmest places in British Isles" rather than "Warmest places in UK". (Though I suppose those in the Irish Republic might not like the term "British Isles" much more than "UK".)

xmetman

Dec 26, 2017, 1:18:32 PM12/26/17
to Weather and Climate
John, you're right on both counts!

Richard Dixon

Dec 26, 2017, 5:17:06 PM12/26/17
to Weather and Climate
Did I recall in the past the Gravesend recordings being questioned - or was that just the Brogdale (Faversham) record?

Richard

xmetman

Dec 26, 2017, 5:40:18 PM12/26/17
to Weather and Climate
Well Gravesend Broadness is an unusual site, sat like it is on the south bank of the meandering river Thames. I always imagine riverbank locations would be cooler, but I suppose it's all down to the size of the southerly component of the wind direction that day.

Trevor Harley

Dec 27, 2017, 4:10:29 AM12/27/17
to Weather and Climate