September in Penzance

Graham Easterling

Oct 5, 2022, 7:10:44 AMOct 5
to Weather and Climate
SEPTEMBER
After 10 consecutive drier than average months, a distinctly wet & unsettled September. The wettest September since 172.5mm in 2017. It was also rather dull, with near normal temperatures overall.

Penzance just missed some major thunderstorms on 5th, which affected Camborne / Redruth & Truro, which I got caught in. The intensity of the rain & almost continuous overhead thunder, meant I had to park up at Camborne. Then, on the approach to Truro the traffic ground to a halt due to torrential rain & more thunder. The 5 days 3rd-7th inclusive saw 77.3mm of rain.

There was a dry spell from 14th to the 21st, when the bulk of the month's sunshine occurred.

All Variations from the 1991-2020 Norm
TEMPERATURE
Absolute Maximum: 22.6C - 2nd
Absolute Minimum:     7.4C - 17th