Equinoctial gale

Len W

Mar 20, 2022, 3:54:39 PM3/20/22
to Weather and Climate
Where is it?
It seems to me that the equinoctial gales are occurring earlier.
We had three named storms Dudley, Eunice and Franklin in quick succession in Feb. and remember  Feb. 2020 when we had Ciara, Ines, and Dennis?
It must be due to global warming. LOL.

Len
Wembury

Graham Easterling

Mar 21, 2022, 6:22:32 AM3/21/22
to Weather and Climate
Where is it?

Associated with the low which has been sitting around in mid Atlantic generating a decent swell, due to arrive in Cornwall during the early hours of Tuesday. The perfect place if you like surfing. Current Magic Seaweed Forecast for Sennen

2022-03-21 10_11_46-Capture.png

The fastest longest period waves arriving around midnight, great 6-8' surf all day with an offshore breeze. There's also a secondary mid Atlantic swell with only a marginally different period, that could give the odd 10' wave when they are in synch.

Sunshine as well!

Graham
Penzance