For Snow Lovers (incl video)

Jack Harrison

Jan 18, 2019, 10:11:33 AM1/18/19
to Weather and Climate
18 Jan Lochindorb (north of Grantown on Spey)

https://youtu.be/ofyp7qbFEMU

The surface was as slippery as it looks.  At 20 mph, a dab on the brakes activated the ant-skid system.

Luckily no other traffic until an idiot tail-gated.  I wanted to let him pass (for my safety) but pulling into a passing place meant a significant risk of him running in the back of me.  I minimized the risk by waiting for an uphill passing place that would give my 'friend' a better chance of stopping.

I did stop at one place to watch the several Red Grouse seemingly enjoying the snow.

19-01-18-055-RedGrouse.jpg

Female on left, male on right.

Jack

Len