New record high October min. temperature

Len W

Oct 19, 2022, 5:17:21 PM10/19/22
to Weather and Climate
Min. today 19th of 15.7°C.
Beating previous high min of 15.6°C on 3rd Oct 2013.

Len
Wembury, SW Devon
83 m asl

Graham Easterling

Oct 20, 2022, 4:25:29 AM10/20/22
to Weather and Climate
Minimum was also 15.7C in Penzance!

Warmest October night here 16.5 on 9/10/2010.

Graham
Penzance

Len W

Oct 20, 2022, 7:31:05 AM10/20/22
to Weather and Climate
That's interesting.
It was just 15.1°C min on 9/10/2010 here.

Len
in a lovely sunny Wembury

Graham Easterling

Oct 20, 2022, 11:29:33 AM10/20/22
to Weather and Climate
Checking back, the wind was an onshore ESE here, so that might be the reason why it stayed warmer overnight. It had reached 19.4C the previous day, despite the onshore wind!

Graham

Nick Gardner

Oct 20, 2022, 2:47:09 PM10/20/22
to Weather and Climate
I've just checked and the minimum on the 19th was 15.6°C. Then I checked as to whether this was a record and, err, surprisingly no. It was nothing that out the ordinary for October.

It was the warmest October since 17.1°C on the 13th in 2018. Last year there was 15.2°C on the 8th October an 15.8°C on the 14th in 2017.

Minimums of 15.0°C is exceeded in most Octobers and occasionaly 16.0°C is as well. I'm surprised by this as my location is not reknowned for its warm nights being a river valley location and inversion boundaries aplenty etc.

1st - 20th
Mean minimum = 9.0°C
Mean maximum = 18.5°C
Mean = 13.8°C
Rain = 42.8 mm
Sunshine = 105.7 hours.
--
Nick Gardner
Otter Valley, Devon

Graham Easterling

Oct 20, 2022, 3:53:34 PM10/20/22
to Weather and Climate
For Penzance:-
1st - 20th
Mean minimum = 10.5°C
Mean maximum = 17.1°C
Mean = 13.8°C
Rain = 35.8mm
So no repeat of the decidedly wet September - yet.

September was the 1st wetter than average month since October 2021!

Graham
Penzance