Penzance - Torrential rain, hail & thunder

Graham Easterling

Oct 30, 2022, 5:04:39 AM10/30/22
to Weather and Climate
A narrow line of often torrential rain, with briefly some large hail, over Penzance for 45 minutes now, & still going.

2 very close flashes 08:35 haven't appeared on the netweather rain/lightning site. I often wonder what percentage do.

08:20
2022-10-30 08_54_47-Capture.png

08:40
2022-10-30 08_53_52-Capture.png

The low sun visible through the rain, which has a sharp SE edge,  miles or so away it's a lovely start to the day. Over in Porthleven, no rain, sun, and a big sea running.

2022-10-30 08_59_26-Capture.png

I will send the better half out to check the rainfall, and report back later.

Graham
Penzance

Graham Easterling

Oct 30, 2022, 7:23:05 AM10/30/22
to Weather and Climate
13.5mm between 08:15 & 9:10, almost all between 08:20 & 08:45.

Bit remiss of my to do the 09:00 observation 10 minutes late, but at least I saw the downpour approaching. I read the gauge at 8am, so I'd know the total.

I was a bit disappointed, I'd expected rather more, I suppose the torrential bursts were rather short lived.

Graham
Penzance