It rained, do you believe it?

Len

Apr 6, 2020, 2:46:26 PM4/6/20
to Weather and Climate
We had 2.3 mm overnight.
Not a lot.

Sunny again today.
Relentless sun seems to have replaced relentless rain.

Not that I am complaining.
Not yet.
There are plenty of other things to complain about.

Here' one to cheer you up

Did you hear about the agnostic dyslexic with Insomnia? He stayed awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

cheers

Len

Wembury

Tudor Hughes

Apr 7, 2020, 12:22:46 AM4/7/20
to Weather and Climate
  2.3 mm is a cloudburst compared with here.  There was rain mid-morning which amounted to "trace" in spite of us in the SE being warned a day or two ago that the cold front which went through would linger and produce some seriously heavy rain.  A difficult thing to forecast but they were wrong.

       It's noticeable how some public forums, even this one, are showing a tendency to frivolity.  Quite understandable given the situation - we have to do something to stop our isolated selves going completely round the twist.  So be prepared for a few skittish observations on jazz, steam engines, dodgy Welsh folk songs and possibly the weather, if any.

Tudor Hughes

Julian Mayes

Apr 7, 2020, 6:59:24 AM4/7/20
to Weather and Climate
A whole 0.5mm down here Tudor y'dat a.m.  A very un-skittish comment on the front - I'm sure I've seen other weak east-bound cold fronts become weakest over SE England and then reactivate and give 'useful' rain once they have left our shores, i.e. over the southern North Sea where it does make much difference. 5mm would have been nice for the garden.

Julian

Molesey, Surrey