Distant Snow [presumably] showers

Jack Harrison

Jan 31, 2019, 11:47:05 AM1/31/19
to Weather and Climate
31st January - the 66th anniversary of the great North Sea storm surge.  I remember it well (I lived on the east coast then)

19-01-31-042.jpg

angle.jpg

That is approximately 150 kilometres distance.

Observation over the past few years suggests that area is favoured for cunim development.  No doubt something to do with the warm Gulf Stream (or whatever it's called these days - North Atlantic Drift?) flowing round the north coast of Scotland.

When the Sutherland Spaceport (at left of panorama) starts operating in 2020 / 22, it should be possible at night to see the fireworks from here.

Jack