Penzance 34.5mm in 14 hours.

Graham Easterling

Feb 21, 2024, 5:17:33 AMFeb 21
to Weather and Climate
The rain set in around 19:00 yesterday, and by 09:00 today there had been 34.5mm - still raining. This is the wettest 09:00-09:00 period since 38.3mm on 28th October 2021.

I see that despite predominantly wet conditions since autumn 2022, Colliford, Cornwall's biggest reservoir, still isn't full. The way things are going parts of Colliford will be the only place not underwater.

(OT)
SW Water is also hiding the amount off pollution of the beaches by pretending the sensors are undergoing maintenance. The 2 sensors from 2 large sewage overflows just east of Penzance have been undergoing maintenance since last summer. Also, it's only reported for 'bathing waters' which exclude Penzance itself, Mousehole, Gwenver, Nanjizzel etc. They've actually reduced the list! The few sensors that are working they say (on their web page) can't be relied upon as they are frequently oversensitive. They literally don't give a s**t.

Graham
Penzance

Len

Feb 21, 2024, 5:19:11 PMFeb 21
to Weather and Climate
Only 22.3 mm here Graham. But we had 33.9 mm over 24 hrs on Sunday 18th.
The total for Feb. is rising quickly. 168.7 mm so far to 21st.
Not likely to get to the record 214.4  mm of Feb 2020 though.
Last Feb. 2023 had a record low of 12.7 mm.

Global atmospheric circulation is very fickle.

Len
Wembury