Autumn arrives - geese immigration.

jack.h...@gmail.com

Sep 14, 2022, 12:36:42 PM9/14/22
to Weather and Climate
PInk-footed Geese are winter residents here in north Scotland or observed on passage to places like Norfolk.  Their arrival from Iceland and Greenland, invariably on north-westerly winds, marks the start of autumn.  Last night my wife heard the first geese just after midnight.  The moon was almost full which surely helped.  I didn't hear that first flock but I was primed so in went the hearing aids.  Then several more flocks and later a visual sighting.  Other observers along the coast filed similar  reports.  Arrival en masse.

Jack