Coldest places in British Isles during last year

xmetman

Dec 28, 2017, 9:03:42 AM12/28/17
to Weather and Climate

Brian Wakem

Dec 28, 2017, 9:06:41 AM12/28/17
to Weather and Climate
I'd just like to point out that there is no such place as South Farnborough, or North Farnborough for that matter.  Only Farnborough.

xmetman

Dec 28, 2017, 10:04:38 AM12/28/17
to Weather and Climate
It must have some kind of history behind it, because although there might be no such place as either South or North Farnborough, there are a number of schools that still use both names.

Brian Wakem

Dec 28, 2017, 10:15:32 AM12/28/17
to Weather and Climate
Perhaps but calling a weather station 'South Farnborugh' implies there is either another weather station in Farnborough or an actual place called South Farnborough and neither are true.

It really should be renamed 'Farnborough' or 'Farnborough Airport'.

xmetman

Dec 28, 2017, 10:52:42 AM12/28/17
to Weather and Climate
That's how it was named in the WMO station list that I use I can easily edit that.
I've just remembered that there's also a Farnborough North Railway station on the Gatwick line.

Brian Wakem

Dec 28, 2017, 10:55:01 AM12/28/17
to Weather and Climate

On Thursday, 28 December 2017 15:52:42 UTC, xmetman wrote:
I've just remembered that there's also a Farnborough North Railway station on the Gatwick line.

That's because there are 2 stations in Farnborough.  Farnborough and Farnborough North (no South!)

xmetman

Dec 28, 2017, 10:56:01 AM12/28/17
to Weather and Climate
Someone's already asked this question of the Met Office on Twitter....

xmetman

Dec 28, 2017, 10:59:33 AM12/28/17
to Weather and Climate

Metman2012

Dec 28, 2017, 11:08:17 AM12/28/17
to Weather and Climate
As far as I can remember, the Met station was always South Farnborough - and this Wikipedia entry mentions it - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farnborough,_Hampshire, under Geography and climate. And you can buy a house there - http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/South-Farnborough.html

John Hall

Dec 28, 2017, 1:36:28 PM12/28/17
to Weather and Climate
And three if you include North Camp. :)