Penzance - Unbroken sunshine - again.

Graham Easterling

May 28, 2023, 8:55:17 AM5/28/23
to Weather and Climate

It is now 19 days since the last ‘rain day’. After a very dull start  Camborne has had 230 hours of sunshine up until 6pm on 27th, that's 108% of the May norm, something I wouldn’t have considered possible after the exceptional dull & wet 1st 9 days.

 May is a little wetter than average but all the rain fell in the 1st 9 days. The 12th, 13th, 18th, 20th, 21st, 22nd, 24th, 25th, 26th, 27th & today, so far, have all seen basically unbroken sunshine.

 Probably the most dramatic change in weather type I ever experienced.

You can tell it's half term

2023-05-28 13_51_28-Capture.png

No proper swell for the surfers, it has been quite good, if rather small, recently. Just a local wind wave today.

Graham

Penzance